Shambhala Sun Magazine features an article this month by Thich Nhat Hanh, designed to help you achieve a genuine Buddhist practice. They explore one of the five practices for nurturing happiness: How to sit.
- Set aside a place you use only to sit.
- It’s wonderful to have a quiet place to sit at work or home or even on the bus.
- Use the sound of a bell to start your meditation.
- Keep your spine straight and relax your body.
- Pay attention to your breathing. Breathe in joy and breathe out calm.
- While breathing in a mindful way, don’t worry about how you look while sitting.
- Practice sitting regularly, and it will become a habit.
Read the full article here: Thich Nhat Hanh On How To Sit Lion’s Roar