- Witness – Breathe deeply. Whisper, “I’m the witness.” See your negative thoughts. Know they don’t define you.
- Release – Imagine yourself on a riverbank. Place troubling thoughts on a leaf floating on the water. Watch them fade away.
- Choose serenity – Gaze quietly at a candle’s flame. Close your eyes. Affirm that you are as serene as the light of the candle.
- De-clutter – Visualize passing thoughts as clouds in the sky, clearing away into blue.
- Let go – Give up negativity to the universe. Imagine pieces of earth sinking into water. Imagine fire turning to smoke, turning to air.
Read the full article here: 5 Meditations for Navigating Negative, Anxious Thoughts